How we work with
Open innovation and collaboration with partner companies and university groups is key to accelerating the development of technology, and the translation of research into products.
Why work with us?
- We have a track record of delivering highly successful collaborations
- Our range of interests is wide – we are an innovation conduit for the full SCG group with interests in Energy and Functional Materials, IT related materials, Health & Crop Sciences and Petrochemicals
- We have the stamina to work at multiple Technology Readiness Levels (TRLs) – projects may be planned for commercialisation in two years or 20
- We have experience in working with many different sources of funding:
- Grant funded projects (e.g. from governments) – to develop technologies towards commercialisation
- Joint developments (JDAs) – focus on optimised development of a particular product
Technical advisory relationships – general advisory work for early stage developments
- The ‘best of both worlds’:
- We have the backing, resources, <infrastructure> and ambition of a major materials multinational – Sumitomo Chemical Group
- We retain the agility of the start-up company that invented polymer light emitting polymers and developed it for the market